Attorney for Enforcement Proceedings & Contempt Cases in Pendleton, OR

Get a fierce focused advocate on your side.

Get help enforcing your parenting plan.

Is your child’s co-parent not complying with a court-ordered parenting plan? Kendra D. Russell is an experienced Pendleton parenting plan enforcement attorney who is on your side. She can represent you in cases where:

  • KYou are being denied visitation time with your child
  • KYou are being denied visitation time with your child
  • KYou and your child’s parent can’t agree on how your parenting plan should be interpreted

Kendra’s approach emphasizes:

  • KStudying every detail of complex cases
  • KNegotiating and mediating to resolve conflict — however, she is always ready to fight for you in court
  • KEnsuring your rights and the rights of your children are protected

Do you have a contempt case?

A contempt lawyer in Pendleton helps in cases where a party is willfully ignoring a court order. In family law cases, this is most common in cases related to:

  • ZChild Support - When your ex falls behind on child support payment or simply refuses to pay court-ordered child support.
  • ZSpousal Support - When your ex does not pay court-ordered spousal support.

We bring all evidence to light and advocate fiercely for our clients.

How we work to resolve your case

When working to resolve a case involving a violation of a parenting plan or support, the process involves filing paperwork with the court, possible settlement, and if necessary, a court hearing.

The outcome of a court hearing may be that the judge:

  • ESuspends or adjusts the parenting plan/support agreement
  • ESchedules a hearing to change the custody/visitation agreement
  • EOrders counseling for one or both parties
  • EFines the party who’s in contempt
  • ERequires your ex to pay court costs and attorney fees
Kendra Russell of Russell Law group

Meet Kendra D. Russell

Unlike some other enforcement and contempt lawyers in Pendleton, Kendra focuses solely on the practice of family law. She is a fierce and focused advocate, as well as a compassionate listener who recognizes the importance of just being there for her clients during their most trying times.

Kendra understands the stress, emotion, and pain associated with divorce and provides a level of communication and commitment that exceeds her clients’ expectations.

With Kendra D. Russell on your side, you can feel confident that you have an advocate you can count on. She will use her experience and expertise to:

  • Treat your family with respect and compassion
  • Passionately and aggressively fight for you
  • Cut through the complexity of your case and clearly communicate your options
  • Offer pragmatic solutions that fit the needs of your family

Why Russell Law Group?

We get results.

Our attorneys are fierce and focused advocates who care about family law and the rights of you and your children. Your family will always be our top priority.

We don't back down.

Negotiation, compromise, and mediation are our first choices to minimize stress during challenging times. Our attorneys are ready to fight for you in court if needed.

We care about you.

Kendra is always available to answer any questions, explain her strategy, and make sure you’re confident about your future. You’re in good hands here.

5-Star Family Law Services

“I highly recommend Russell Law Group. They put us at ease during a very difficult time and we felt comfortable and confident in the outcome from the first meeting. They were always available when we had questions or concerns. If you are searching for representation look no further!”

– S.J.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can my child refuse to see the other parent?

In Oregon, children do not get to decide whether or not they wish to see the other parent until they reach age 18.

Is there a chance my ex might end up in jail?

Yes, it is possible, but unlikely. If someone is found to be in contempt of a court order, the most common sanctions are fines and paying the other party’s attorney’s fees and costs.

Can’t I just file the paperwork with the court myself?

Yes, it is possible to file for enforcement of your parenting plan or for contempt on your own. There are Oregon court forms available online. However, if you have the ability, it is generally better to have an attorney represent and assist you through this process. If mistakes are made by an unrepresented litigant, sometimes those mistakes cannot be corrected.

Get a fierce focused advocate on your side.


Contact Russell Law Group online or call (541) 777-8032


Schedule a confidential consultation with an experienced attorney


Share the details of your case and get answers to your questions


228 S Main Street
Pendleton, Oregon

Get Directions


Mon: 9:00 am – 04:30 pm
Tue: 9:00 am – 04:30 pm
Wed: 9:00 am – 04:30 pm
Thu: 9:00 am – 04:30 pm
Fri: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Sat & Sun: Closed

Avvo legal logo
Oregon State Bar logo
Avvo legal logo
Google 5 star review logo